Monday, July 11, 2011

Guitar lesson...



I have been asked by a couple people to post the lesson for the guitars. It was really simple. I showed the students pictures of different types and styles of guitars, making sure to include some wild and crazy ones. Then I asked the students to draw their dream guitar. It could have any shape, color or design, as long as it was easily recognizable as a guitar. After they sketched out some ideas, the students were then given a large piece of black paper (20x30) and using oil pastels, they created their guitars. I allowed them to choose to add designs to the background as they wished, or they could leave it blank. Some added a few things, while others completely covered the entire background. They loved working on this project, and wanted way more time than I had planned on giving them.

1 comment:

Rach Rogers said...

I love the idea of this lesson. There are so many items that you could bring into the classroom and do the same technique.